Whoa, a few months have gone by really fast here. Hi world. Guess I should post an update.
Been hard at work as usual at Front Row, it’s been very interesting to watch our numbers go up at a staggering pace while the # of people supporting the project stays the same. Really makes you appreciate the people making it happen, the tools you’re using and the best practices that keep the whole system from falling apart.
In any case, a few folks and we decided that it was time to give Front Row a bit of a budget to start scaling things out. We’re now looking for a couple of engineers to join us and work closely with yours truly. We’re seeking web generalists with strong interest in functional programming: we’re a very small team and being able to pick any part of the stack up in a few days is very important. Here’s more info.
Whatever you like, we got it:
- Want to build super-interactive SPAs and get good at data-visualization? Check.
- Want to get your hands dirty with ops, configuration management, build automation and continuous delivery? Love Ansible? Check.
- Want to crunch a ton of data and serve it to the outside world with Clojure and Haskell? Check.
- Want to build tools and pipelines that enable Front Row content creators to publish their work to hundreds of thousands of students? Check again.
- Love DBs? We do too! Ours is growing exponentially 😦 If you’d like to contain the beast, we can keep you busy.
That’s it for now!